Friday, June 17, 2011

And it rained!!


Does anyone of you remember the childlike enthusiasm you suddenly had when there was an impending holiday on a Friday or a Monday? Do you? Well ofcourse you do.Who doesnt?And so it rained heavily in Kolkata today.The Bhadralok in Bengal always on the lookout for such an opportunity bribed the media to stay at home.And there you have it.All Bengali channels started flashing their breaking news as if Bengal is witnessing the last flood of the century.I decided to leave home early so that I can get to work before all this madness takes over my parents.But parents they are.As soon I was about to step out my dad called "beta dont leave the house,its pouring".I dint want to be non obedient so I said "yeah i will wait".And thats when the demon struck.I dint want to go to office now.So I participated in the madness.I called up my friends and told them its going to rain heavily and its better they return soon.I was thinking "Hey I am pulling a fast one on them" and had a smug smile on my face until one of my friends called up and thanked me for informing her about the TV news.Yes it rained and it rained heavily.This rain means many things to many people.And I dont mean philosophically.Oh I am not an expert on that.Really!!Some took this as an opportunity to catch up on sleep,some had chai-pakoras to enhance their six pack folded bellies(i am sure you understand its diamterically opposite Sallu's abs).And some like my dear friends preferred to slog it out at their workplace showing how sincere they were when the fun part was that their bosses were missing.Oh my my I had my share of fun today!! To top that I received Subway privilege membership(yeah yeah how can I leave any opportunity to show off)which entails me for a year of Veg Subs and what not for a family of four at 90 percent discount.Sometimes corporate life seems worth it.As it is said be in the heaven for the environment and hell for the company.So cheers to that!!!

No comments: